1. Our Commitment
We respect the confidentiality of your personal information and will make reasonable security arrangements to ensure that all personal information in our possession or control is kept in a safe and secure manner, and to prevent unauthorized access and use of your personal information.
2. Types Of Information Collected
We collect information when you:
- use our services;
- browse our website;
- engage with us through social media;
- access our website through a mobile device; or
- use our mobile applications.
The types of personal information we collect are those which you provide to us, such as your name, contact details, date of birth, gender, identity card number, passport number, bank account or credit card details, and e-mail address.
We automatically collect information sent by your computer when you browse our website, or sent by your mobile device when you use our mobile applications. This information includes your browser type, IP address, and the pages you visit. This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order for us to improve our website, our mobile applications, and the products and services which we provide. This information will not be used in association with your personal information.
3. Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure
Personal information which you provide to us may be used, disclosed, and/or processed by us, and our related or affiliated co-operatives and organisations for the purposes of facilitating your transactions with us, and to keep you informed of updates, changes, and developments relating to us, the scope of which may include but is not limited to:
- administering and maintaining your account with us;
- processing and fulfilling your order for goods and services purchased from us;
- verifying and processing payment and/or credit control when you purchase goods and services from us;
- engaging third party service providers to perform certain aspects of services provided by us;
- unless you notify us in writing that you do not wish to receive such information, sending you information from time to time through e-mail and post about our products and services, promotions and special offers, upcoming events and other information which may be of interest to you;
- customer profiling, market analysis, and research to improve our product and service offerings to you;
- communicating with you on matters relating to your account with us, including administering any membership benefits and entitlements;
- responding to queries or feedback from you;
- enforcing our legal rights and remedies; and
- for such other purposes as permitted by applicable law or with your consent.
In compliance with the PDPA 2012, we will not send marketing messages to Singapore telephone numbers or Singapore facsimile numbers belonging to you unless you have given us clear and unambiguous consent to do so. If you have previously given us consent, we will continue to send you marketing messages until you advise us in writing that you wish to withdraw the consent.
4. How Do We Use Your Data?
If you have consented, we may use your personal data from time to time for marketing and promotional purposes:
- Administration of contests, competitions and marketing campaigns in connection with the products and services offered by our selected partners.
- Communication of advertisements involving details of the products, services, special offers and rewards offered by our selected partners (including but not limited to upselling, cross-selling and online marketing).
- Customisation of your online experience according to your chosen interests and preferences and enhance your current and future visits to the website.
- For leads generation and management for marketing the products and services offered by our selected partners.
- For the purpose of market research and statistical analysis.
- From time to time, we may collaborate with other third parties to organise joint marketing and promotional campaigns, offers or contests, and may require disclosure of your information to such third parties. For example, where a promotion or Promo Code is specially offered to customers of selected partners, we may share your information with that partner to the extent relevant to such promotional campaign. In some cases, you may not be able to enjoy the promotion, offer or participate in the contest, unless you consent to disclosure to our partner of your information. “Promo Code” refers to any credits, vouchers, coupons or codes offered by Highlanders for use in the purchase of goods from highlanders.com.sg
- Inform you of promotions, offers, surveys, events, products and services, which may be of interest to you, from selected partners.
- Matching of Personal Data with other data collected for other purposes and from other sources (including third parties) in connection with the provision, marketing or offering of products and services (including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes) by our selected partners.
- Notify and invite you to events and activities organised by Highlanders, our selected partners, sponsors or advertisers.
- Process your registration to participate in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity.
- Send you alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotional materials, special privileges and festive greetings from Highlanders, our selected partners, sponsors or advertisers.
5. Who Do We Disclose Your Data To?
- Any affiliate, subsidiary or partner of Highlanders
- Our technology, marketing and logistics service providers
- Credit card and payment processing companies
6. Linked Sites
Highlanders may provide links to other sites, locally and overseas, (“Linked Sites”) that may be of relevance and interest to you. Although Highlanders will take every possible steps to protect your data, it has no control over, and are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Linked Sites, and you hereby waive any claim against us with respect to the Linked Sites.
7. Transfer of Personal Information Overseas
In order to carry out the purposes listed above, we may be required to share your personal information with third parties, some of whom may be located overseas, and as a result, may require us to transfer your personal information overseas. In such event, we will ensure, before transferring your personal information, that the recipient of the personal information is bound by legally enforceable obligations to provide the transferred personal information a standard of protection that is at least comparable to the protection under the PDPA 2012.
8. Access and Correction of Personal Information
If you have an account with us, you may access or correct your personal information at any time by accessing your account on our website.
9. Contact Us
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Telephone: +65 6288 3880
Last Updated on 01 October 2018